It was in 2012 that I started to weave some fabric for our dining room chairs (I didn’t know how long it had been so I looked up my post here!). I used cottolin – a blend of cotton and linen for the weaving and colours that are in our living/dining room.
My original thought was to recover the chairs myself – but they needed rewebbing, new padding and the New Zealand wood was so hard that it was difficult to get the staples out and I would need special tools to get new staples back in.
So the fabric sat and waited….and waited…
Finally – just this past week – I took the chairs and fabric in to Kim at Blue Velvet Upholstery. She loved the fabric and the chairs and was happy to work with it and select the sections that would go on each chair.